Are you wondering if you actually need a farm website?
Or maybe you have one and your wondering what the point of it is? This episode is for you!
In my experience, two of the biggest hurdles for small farmers and business owners that want to build a website is that they don't get it done and launched. Or they don't put it to work and actually USE it. What do I mean by that? I mean the website has no purpose.
I think of websites as a hub for your business online. It can be a tool to lead people to your offers and turn them into paying customers. But what I see all too often is a website full of crickets. A great website that's going to work for you is one that attracts the eyeballs of the people that really want what you have to offer! You don't just want them to land on your website, you want them to TAKE ACTION:
Make an Appointment.
Give you a Call.
Ask you about your service.
or some combination of the above.
It's our job, as business owners, to create a path for our customers to find us online and take action. You may be able to make an initial connection with them on your social media but it's your searchable long-form content that really makes it easy for people to seek you out. Rather than you running on the social media hamster wheel.
All that said, here are 5 questions you should ask yourself when building your farm, ranch or equine biz website:
1. Do you need a website? What is its purpose?
2. How will people find your website?
3. What components do you need in your website so you can choose the right platform for you. (online store, blog, calendar, subscribe buttons etc)
4. What action do you want your customers to take?
5. What is your VIBE? How do you want people to feel when they hit your website?
6. How will you keep your website active and fresh?
Listen to the episode to hear my answer to each of these questions!
If you have a topic or show idea for future episodes PLEASE EMAIL: [email protected]
Connect with us on: